Thursday 3 October 2013

Ginger and Fig Oat Rounds

At one of our Simple Living Toowoomba group's morning teas, one of the ladies brought along some Ginger and Fig Oat Rounds which tasted quite yummy so I asked her to email me the recipe. I have been intending to make some for a couple of months and finally got around to it this morning. They won't last long though so I took some photos before they disappeared.


 If you would like to make some here is the recipe:
 
1 cup plain flour
1 cup coconut
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped dried figs
3/4 cup caster sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped glace ginger
2 tablespoons golden syrup
125g butter
2 tablespoons water


Sift flour into bowl, stir in oats, coconut, sugar, ginger and figs.  
 
 
Combine golden syrup, butter and water in pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir hot butter mixture into flour mixture.


Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls, place onto greased oven trays, allowing about 5cm between biscuits and flatten slightly. Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and cool on trays.

This mixture makes about 50 rounds.

I didn't use glace ginger as I only had crystallised ginger on hand and the figs were honey dipped so the next time I make this recipe I will use less sugar as I don't like using too much sugar when cooking. It is quite a yummy recipe but, as I said, they will disappear quickly so if you make some you may have to hide a few for yourself. :-)




 


3 comments:

  1. Scrumptious!!! I love both figs and ginger. [wish I had an oven]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, it is probably good that you don't have an oven as I have eaten too many of these yummy morsels already! As they are so small it is easy to just keep snacking on them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very nice. I'll have to give them a go and share what I think. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...