Monday 17 November 2014

A Spoonful of Sugar - what a pretty blog!

There are so many great blogs out there in Blogland and I find myself especially drawn to those that are 'pretty' so to speak. I guess that is because they feature decor and other bits and pieces that I would like to have in my own home. Well, today when we were experiencing yet another extremely hot day with a temperature of 35C and I was spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet as it was too hot to do much housework, I clicked on a link on the Down to Earth Forums and it took me to A Spoonful of Sugar and into pages and pages of beautifully crafted handiwork, yummy recipes and lots of plain and simple good ideas.



A mother and daughter team, Lisa and Sarah, are the creative ladies behind the blog and I emailed them to ask permission to use a few of their blog photos with links to their tutorials and they were only too happy for me to do so. I know that there are many of my readers who will just love their blog if they haven't come across it before.


Firstly, here is one of my favourite tutorials for Gathered Round Baskets in three sizes which would be great for using up some of my fabric scraps. It looks like such a quick and easy tutorial and, if you make the three sizes of baskets,  they will fit inside each other when you are not using them.


 

Another favourite tutorial is for the Fabric Gift Pouch  which would be a great replacement for giftwrap and is also reusable. It looks like it is also quick and easy to make. You can tell that I have picked a few of the quick and easy projects. Not that I am going to be making any of them in the next few weeks as my son-in-law has a feeling that my daughter is going to deliver their new bub before the due date which may mean I will be ringing QANTAS to change my flight plans and any sewing will be put on hold till after Christmas.



Speaking of Christmas, just look at that cute little reindeer....

 

...and these Simple Felt and Fabric Stars.  Wouldn't they look great on the Christmas tree...and check out the crockery as well. Just my cup of tea :-)

So, when you have a little time, head over to A Spoonful of Sugar and have a look around. I just love the colour combinations of the fabric used, the great photography (my brother is giving me his DSLR camera so mine can only improve) and the general set out of Lisa and Sarah's blog. 

It's just so... pretty! Don't you agree?




 

6 comments:

  1. There's obviously a creative gene in that family! I particularly like that pale teal (Tiffany teal?) of the tea cup etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a lovely colour, Barb? Yes, there definitely is a creative gene. Such beautiful work.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pretty mint green is a favourite of mine too Nanna Chel. Gorgeous pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly a lovely shade of green. I will keep it in mind for when I am brave enough to change my template....soon! :-)

    Thanks for leaving a comment. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, its me, late as usual. I'm back on line and catching up on posts. Definitely taking a look at their blog. Love your selection of easy projects. Yes, i think we are all in love with the tea set.

    PS. I find your blog very "pretty" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures of their work, not only do they look well made but obviously a lot of thought went into the photography. I love the white cracked table veneer, with the seamless beauty of the china. So understated and yet engaging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...