Monday 23 November 2015

D2E Impossible Pie Week and Upcoming Markets

Over on the Down to Earth Forums it is Impossible Pie Week where we are going to share our version of this popular pie during the week. If you would like to join in then sign up to become a member...it is free...and share with us your favourite Impossible Pie recipe. There is so much to read on the different forums and you would be most welcome over there.



Now...I know that some of my readers who don't actually live in Toowoomba do like to know when certain events are coming up soon so I thought I would let them know about the markets that will be held in the next few weeks in case they want to plan a day trip to the Garden City. 
 
 

Firstly, the annual QCWA Mini-Christmas Market is on this Wednesday, 25th November, at 263 Margaret Street from 9am to 2pm. We went to this last year and they have some beautifully made items there and very yummy scones for morning tea. 

On Saturday, 28th November from 7am till midday the Farmers' Market will be held at the Toowoomba Showgrounds . This is a fairly new market and I believe it is well worth going to. I hope to get there early to avoid the crowds but everyone probably has the same idea :-)

The following day on Sunday, 29th November from 8am till 2pm, the Handmade Expo and Vintage Market will be at the USQ Clive Berghofer Centre in Baker Street Toowoomba. If you can't make it to Toowoomba for this one then check out this page for dates when the Expo might be in your area. They are held as far north as Cairns. 
 
 

Then there is the Bush Christmas which showcases work by local artisans from the bush. You can read about how this fantastic exhibition began here. The handmade gifts are high quality ones and would make wonderful Christmas presents. The exhibition will begin on Friday 4th December and finish on Sunday 13th December. It will be held in the Masonic Centre, 58 Neil Street, Toowoomba from 9am till 6pm daily. The sheep in the first photo were part of a previous exhibition I attended and were made by Michael Walsh. I just love his iron animals. 

There are lots of Christmas markets on in the coming weeks so you might like to mention them in the comment section if you know of any others which feature handmade items. 

Oh ... and don't forget Mandy's shop The Old Dairy Goes Vintage which is open from Thursday to Saturday from 9.30am till 4pm. 

Have a great week everyone!


11 comments:

  1. Love love love the iron animals. I can just picture them in my veggie garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite too, Lynda. Unfortunately they are out of my price range.

      Delete
  2. Hi chel, thank you for all that market information. ...there is also a Christmas market at Goombungee this Wednesday and the local CWA will be catering, apparently their scones are getting a reputation too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I will put the link to the YouTube video you sent me on here soon too.

      Delete
  3. Nanna Chel,
    Thanks for the market info. I was wondering when the CWA was holding the mini market.
    -Shiralee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiralee, I am not sure I will get there but I do hope so.

      Delete
  4. I surely do enjoy your blog, Nana Chel. Are those knitted pretties like a shawl with sleeves? Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I think that was a little cardigan for a baby. It was taken at the market last year so I have forgotten now.

      Delete
  5. I saw a wonderful life-sized bull in 'charge' pose made of old corrugated iron recently...I was enthralled until I saw the price tag ($8000 !)....but oh-so-clever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil, did the maker charge like a scrub bull for the creation? LOL!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...