I had read on a blog that some gardeners had painted the top of their Ollas to prevent evaporation during the hot summers as that part of the pot sits above the soil, so I thought I would experiment and painted a couple to test them out.
Then I put a small rock in the bottom hole of six of the pots and glued it in so that it would be sealed.
However, I don't know whether there was a problem with the caulking gun or whether I just wasn't strong enough but I had so much trouble getting that glue out that I was getting it everywhere so the idea of doing a neat job and not using too much glue just went out the window!
The CEO was busy so couldn't come to my aid and I had glue on my hands, glue on the outdoor furniture and everything I touched got glue on it. What a mess I made!!! So much for trying not to use so much glue this time.
Anyway, they are all glued together now and when they are dry I will fill them with water and check for any leaks before burying them. These pots are 15cm so are a little smaller than the 17cm I used for my trial Olla but the holes are larger in these so it will make it easier to fill them with water and I think they should be large enough to be effective.
If you have made any Ollas let me know how they are working for you and what kind of glue you used. I would love to know.