Wednesday 27 September 2017

A teapot for every occasion


During the recent Carnival of Flowers a friend and I went to a couple of events which were thoroughly enjoyable.  The Teapot Extravaganza is a really interesting showcase of over 400 teapots as well as beautiful crockery such as Royal Doulton.


 


Royal Doulton




There was such a large variety of teapots from the classical to the quirky so there was something there to please everyone. 










Something for the children...


...plus Noah's Ark.


Of course there were tea cosies as well.



There was a glass cabinet full of animal teapots which were just fascinating.




We also attended the Clivea Society Show where there were cliveas in many different colours.




It was so hard to pick a favourite.


I noticed that one of the clivea plants that was on sale cost $100!


What is your favourite? I still like the bright orange cliveas and the cream ones as well. We have the bright ones growing here plus the 'normal' ones which aren't as bright and a friend has given me a cream one so I am happy. 

If you happen to be planning ahead to come to the Carnival of Flowers next year and are interested in teapots and cliveas then do include these two events in your itinerary as I am sure you won't be disappointed.











16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those flowers are expensive at $100. I've never seen animal shaped tea pots. All those teapots are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are expensive, Nil. It is good if you have friends who grow cliveas who like sharing :-)

      Delete
  2. I was disappointed to miss the teapot extravaganza, Chel. Teapots are up there with my love of aprons. I will definitely join you for a look next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must really like teapots then, Sandi as I know you LOVE aprons.

      Delete
  3. I love the Noah's Ark and Railway Station. Tea cosies are also fascinating I think with so many clever creations.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many teapots there that it was hard to pick a favourite, Kylie.

      Delete
  4. i LOVE tea pots & cup sets! those were just adorable!
    i have a nice bright orang clivia that doesn't put on as good a show here because it's too warm but it still flowers & yes, they are very expensive & this could be due to that they take longer than other bulbs to multiply, well mine does, divided it 3 years ago & it's only just produced a new pup recently. they are worth the trouble to grow & if in some shade out of the worse of the heat they will do well.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow well here, Selina although this year some of ours were burnt as winter was so warm and not having any rain didn't help either as they are not watered.

      Delete
  5. Look at those clivias. I love them! The one up in the back corner of my yard doesn't look like flowering at all. The teapots are lovely too. Aren't they quirky! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame it isn't flowering, Meg. Ours are very old and were probably planted over 30 years ago.

      Delete
  6. I am a complete sucker for an interesting tea pot....actually pretty much any tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you would have really loved the teapot extravaganza, Mr.HM. There were lots of men there too.

      Delete
  7. I love the little blue teapot in your first photo, he is such a character. I wonder what sort of "pourer" he is, or is he more of a "dribbler all over the bench teapot". Clivia's - $100 - that's daylight robbery. Back home we had a huge clump of them growing under a big tree, the common orange ones though. The cream one was harder to come by, but certainly not anywhere near $100. Cheers, Lyndie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lyndie, from memory the $100 clivea was an unusual apricot colour and was quite large. There are lots of cream cliveas growing at Laurel Bank Park under the trees if you are ever in Toowoomba at this time of the year. They always look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like quirky teapots, and these are superb. There is so much detail in them all especially The Railway Station. The cliveas always make a beautiful show and are sooo expensive it seems.This event is noted for the future. Thanks Chel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a tea drinker, though I do have a lovely teapot, just in case anyone expects a cuppa from a pot when visiting. It was great looking at the photos you took Chel, the tractor teapot made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...