Thursday 5 October 2023

A new find

 I meet with some friends most weeks for coffee and we try to support small businesses in our town. Recently we found 95 Mary Street which is just exquisite with its chandeliers and beautiful decor. If you are ever visiting our city, do call in there and I am sure you won't be disappointed. 




There is a large variety of yummy food which is well presented....


...and the service is wonderful. Considering the service in some other venues it makes a nice change. 



Once again it is cactus orchid time which certainly brighten up the garden....


....at this stage the red and orange ones are flowering. 


This red hippiastrum certainly stands out and draws attention. 



As per usual we visited the Bromeliad Show during the Carnival of Flowers but this year we showed restraint and only bought one. This is Ice White River and I do hope it doesn't get hit by a hail storm like last year's buys did. 



This is my first hollyhock for the year and I am hoping some other colours will appear as I am not all that fond of this light pink one. 



The foxgloves are starting to put on a show. I planted these last year and was very pleased that they don't die off each year like some other plants. 

Our city has been extremely busy during the month long Carnival of Flowers but now that it is over and the children are back to school once again it has started to quieten down. Next year will be the Carnival's 75 anniversary and I hope the weather will be as nice as it was this year. 




Another event that is worth making the trip up the Range for is Bush Christmas which begins on the 22nd November. This showcases the crafts made by those who live in remote areas and is certainly worth a visit. 

It is very dry here after last year's heavy rain and floods in many places so we look forward to seeing a few storm clouds appearing in the coming months as long as they don't contain hail. Yikes!

Have a great weekend everyone!






2 comments:

  1. I love chandeliers but having had one in my old house know they are a pain to clean, especially with high ceilings. I am hoping my hollyhock will flower this year and will be happy with it regardless of what colour it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have high ceilings here too so chandeliers are not an option for us.All the best with your hollyhocks.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...