Sunday 2 June 2013

How to make soft butter

It is rainy and miserable today and just the day for soup. I made a reasonably successful loaf of bread which we will use for toast tonight to accompany Pea and Ham soup. Recently a friend said that she had made some spreadable butter by adding oil to softened butter so I did a Google search...as you do... and found this website which has really easy instructions and some good information as well.




To 250g softened butter add 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup oil. Oops, I have a feeling I added 1/3 cup  of oil and 1/3 cup of water to mine but it still turned out okay. I used Macadamia Nut Oil and next time will try Grapeseed Oil for a different taste.
 
 


Add oil and water to butter and start beating
 
Blend ingredients together well
 
                                             Finished. Easy peasy... spreadable butter.
 
Now hubby is the one who eats most of the butter and he would like it to be a bit softer so I will experiment with different oils and different amounts of water and see how that goes. Also I think it would be less messy to beat the ingredients with a stick blender or a food processor.
 
Does anyone else have a recipe they use to make butter spreadable? Do share!
 



 
 








5 comments:

  1. I have been making spreadable butter for over 20 years. My recipe is here. http://organisedcastle.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/edible-spreadable/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just had a look at how you make it and it is interesting that you add the skim milk powder so I will try that in my next batch when I get back home from holidays here in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browsing your 'back issues' and ran into this - I too have been making spreadable butter for several years and use the recipe 2 'sticks/cubes' (1/2 pound) and 2/3 cup canola oil. Room temp (soft) mixer for about 2 minutes and we like it, any more oil and it gets runny too easy for my taste, I usually make some with olive oil for cooking and canola oil for toast and pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that info, Kathy. It is interesting seeing how different people make it. I must admit I don't eat too much butter but when I do it is great not having to put it on the bench to soften it for ages before using it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this tip. I'll try sometime. I already saved it here in the folder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...