Sunday 4 August 2013

Another spreadable butter recipe

One of the nice things about blogging is the experience of  'meeting' lots of people through your blog that you would probably never meet in real life. Most of the bloggers I have 'met' are so very helpful and willing to share ideas, recipes and links to other interesting blogs. Recently one such blogger, Fairy, put a comment on my blog about how to make soft butter and gave me the link to her blog page where she made spreadable butter using a different recipe. So today I gave it a try.



I used:
 
500g butter,
150ml water
250ml olive oil which I ran out of so added Grapeseed Oil to make up the 250ml
3T skim milk powder.

 
Firstly, I left the butter out on the bench for a while to soften then beat it in the food processor.
 

 
 I combined the skim milk powder with the water and then the oil and added them to the butter gradually while processing till I was happy with the result and it was creamy.
 
 
Then it was spooned into containers and half was refrigerated and the other half went into the freezer. After a few hours in the fridge it was still soft and a lot softer than my original recipe so I was happy and hubby will be happy too as he is the one who eats the most butter as I try to limit my intake.
 
So thanks to a helpful blogger I now have a great spreadable butter recipe which is soft enough to keep everyone happy. Do you eat butter and have you tried a different recipe to make it spreadable?
 
 
 
 





 

 

 

 


 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great solution to a perennial problem. I have a 250g pack of butter out on the bench all the time in winter and it never softens. I have the cream in the fridge at the moment to make more butter so I will have a go at this too. I've had a tour around Fairy's site and added her to my feedly reader. Have a lovely Sunday.
    Barbv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally use the following recipe. It's equal, weighed, amounts of softened butter, water and oil, with half a teaspoon of Celtic salt (or good quality sea salt), mixed in a blender.

    http://rootsandseeds.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/sharing-produce-creamy-butter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out the butter just now at lunch time and it is still soft so this recipe is a keeper. Barb, I notice that Google Reader is still working. I thought it was finishing at the end of June! Now I'm using Google Reader + Bloglovin'. Obviously, I don't miss too many posts. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ree, thanks for that. I'll check that out too. I'll go over and see what your chooks are up to at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...