Friday 29 November 2019

Another great Bush Christmas Exhibition

Each year artisans from the bush have the opportunity to feature their creative work at the Bush Christmas Exhibition which commenced this week and will finish on Friday 6th December. As usual, taking a walk through the exhibition is inspiring and if you live in the Toowoomba region and plan to attend I would advise you to get there early as it was packed not long after the doors opened today.


If you are really early and arrive before 9am you might just get a park out the front of the hall not far from the front door as there were quite a number of car parks there today which I discovered after I had already paid to park across the road.




As you enter there is a display of  outdoor items which I just love especially those made out of tin...




...like these dresses made by Rusted on Relics




Then after a short walk inside there is the exquisite wildflower pewter crafted by Wolfgang Schultze. If you live in Lismore I have found a link online to a gallery that features his work ...Art Aspects Gallery. You might like to take a look if you live in that area of NSW.




I loved some of the paintings that adorned the walls and lots of them featured farm animals. 




My favourite exhibitor is Gabriele Case from Zoe Design. She always has her beautiful doily bags for sale as well as unique jewellery.




It is so nice to see old doileys being used to make such pretty bags. 




There is a huge variety of crafts, jams, preserves etc at this exhibition and the proceeds go to bush artisans as I have mentioned. As we know our country folk are really doing it tough so buying some items is a great way to support them. If you don't live nearby some items can be bought online from the Bush Christmas Shop. I can guarantee that everything on sale is of excellent quality. 


We have had above average temperatures for weeks now and I think that Summer has replaced our Spring so perhaps come December we might get the cooler weather that we should have had these past three months when we have had heatwave after heatwave although I won't hold my breath.  The older I get the more I dislike the heat and have grown quite fond of the winter months when you can get outside and do some gardening without being burnt to a crisp. This coming week is not looking very good for our brave firefighters with more heat and strong winds forecast.




 As those who live near the fire areas know some of the forest fires will burn until there is good rain to put them out which I believe is the case with the Pechey fire about 39km from Toowoomba and I am sure there are many other fires in Queensland and NSW which have also been brought within containment lines but could flare up again with high temperatures and strong winds. I pray that those living in these areas stay safe and that we will see rain fall very soon as our farmers are desperate. 

Have a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Oh they are all beautiful items Chel, I really look forward to visiting Toowoomba one day when we travel up north, I feel like I have learnt so much about it from all you share!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chel I thought I had replied to your post, but perhaps I was about to and was interrupted. I am always amazed by the number of creative people living in the Toowoomba region, and such lovely displays to attend. Hope you are staying cool and that the bushfires are under control. Cheers, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chel you get the best exhibitions in Toowoomba. We have a few but more and more seems to be imported trinkets instead of the beautiful hand made wears. It's hot dry and crispy in this part of the world. The only thing going for it is the wind is blowing inland so any fires will burn away from the town. We so need rain right across the country

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...