Saturday 12 December 2020

A 2020 Puzzle

 Yesterday I was online and saw an advertisement for a 2020 Time Capsule jigsaw puzzle. I don't usually buy jigsaw puzzles but thought this one would be interesting down the track for my grandchildren especially the younger ones who may not remember what happened in 2020. 

2020 Time Capsule - used with permission from Funbox Activities

Isn't it a great artist's impression of what some households lived through this year....Dad in his business shirt, tie and shorts... Mum working from home while doing home schooling with the children... masks, hand sanitiser, disposable gloves available etc. If you want to buy one for a Christmas gift perhaps there is still time to get your order in. 




A few years ago I tried my hand at Metal Stamping. I didn't realise at the time that there were YouTube tutorials available like the one I have just linked to and if I had known I may have had more success. However, I did stamp a few spoons etc. but in the end had to give up the craft as it was too hard on my hands as you have to flatten the spoons with a hammer. 




I can't say I have seen any metal stamped work around until recently when I came across Rebecca Wild's WILDbowerbird stand at our local Farmer's Market.  She sells top quality pendants, earrings...




...stamped spoons for the garden etc. She is on Facebook at WILDbowerbird  and also has an Etsy Shop. So if you are a local and would like to buy a gift from Rebecca for Christmas or some other occasion you can find out  on her Facebook page which craft market she will be at in the next few weeks. I like to promote small, local businesses. If you would like one of her products and it isn't in her Etsy Shop then I am sure she will get back to you if you leave a message for her on Facebook. 

The recent heatwave knocked the stuffing out of my hollyhocks so I thought I would take a photo of the different coloured ones I have so that when they soon go to seed I will be able to keep the seeds separate. The colours aren't quite correct as the one that is second from the left in the top row is actually red and the one to the right of it is dark pink. 

The weather forecast is for heavy rain this weekend but so far we only had some light rain late yesterday. It is bucketing down on the coast at the moment and it looks like it is moving this way so perhaps it will make it this far inland. I am sure our farmers always live in hope of some downpours. 

The number of people succumbing to COVID-19 must be frightening for those living in the UK, the US and some other countries and I hope and pray that you stay safe. Hopefully the vaccine being given this week will be effective. As far as we know there is no virus circulating in Queensland so we feel fairly safe here although our borders have opened up now to other states as well as to New Zealanders. I get confused with the changes regarding restrictions so it is just as well I have no intention of travelling any time soon. Have a wonderful weekend.








7 comments:

  1. Hehee the family in that jigsaw puzzle has a stack of toilet paper. 😁

    I’m glad to hear your state has no COVID cases now, Chel. I hope people will still take safety precautions as the borders are opening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nil, as we know it only takes one infected person to slip through. Overseas travellers seem to be the only infected at present and they still have to quarantine for 14 days.

      Delete
  2. You sure have put your hand to many crafts. I love your hollyhocks. I must see if I can increase the range I have now I have had success with one plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful plants.I am keen to see what the black ones look like next year if they come up. I bought the seeds on eBay

      Delete
  3. Chel, What a great puzzle, it captures the family dynamic beautifully, right down to the much needed glass of wine.How clever to include the toilet paper. I love the idea of using old spoons in the garden like that. There are so many ways to recycle old items, metal stamping sounds fascinating.Take care, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I thought the puzzle would be a great 'memento' of the pandemic. Who knows who will want it down the track. Hopefully one of my grandchildren.

      Delete
  4. That first image made me laugh. I guess the little boy is embodying the jubilation of finally finding the toilet paper, lol. I know how that felt!

    YAY!! WEEEee..okay, maybe not that? I'm turning in a circle, kind of weee. ;)

    I like your spoons and the local businesses you've pointed out. Very creative. Our garden has bounced back, since the overcast days and rain. Thankfully it was gentle rain over a long period of time, rather than the quick blasts that cause soil erosion. I've been gardening and it's been fun! Nice to catch up with you again, Chel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...