Thursday 24 December 2020

Happy Christmas for 2020

 Just a short post to wish everyone a very Happy and Blessed Christmas. I am sure most of you are very busy at the moment with your family visiting so have a wonderful time. I am also sure that there are some of you who will be alone and lonely so big hugs to you and I hope and pray that things will be more cheerful for you next year. 




As we won't have any children here tomorrow we will have lunch with my sister. It will be the usual chicken, ham and salad which she likes as she can't eat anything too spicy and this will be followed by pavlova, fruit and cream.





Then I will be getting stuck into a good book for the rest of the day. It won't be too hot thankfully and it looks like the rain has gone for now. We had 44mm the other night which was the heaviest rainfall we have had for ages. 

I hope that those in the Northern Hemisphere keep safe and well during this scary time as COVID seems to be wreaking havoc in some countries. Here in Queensland it is 100 days since the last time there was community transmission of the virus but seeing as there has been an outbreak in Sydney our borders are now shut to visitors from that area and border passes are back in vogue. I am so glad I live in Queensland and not in one of the border towns as the traffic on the highways at the border must be horrendous in our heat. 

Have a wonderful Christmas time wherever you live. 



8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Nil πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely day, Chel. We had cold meats and salads and enjoyed the milder weather too. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meg. Yes the salad lunch here was good too but I ate too much pav 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a good Christmas and getting over eating too much. I am going off the air for a while, but wanted to pop by and wish you a Happy New Year ... Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too. Hopefully 2021 will be an improvement on 2020 πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late replying here, and on my blog too, but Merry Christmas to you also! I hope you had a lovely time. Lunch with your sister sounded wonderful. I love simple dishes like cold salad and pav, to mark the occasion. So much easier to prepare as well. Take care, and I hope the new-year brings new opportunities to make more memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you, here's to 2021...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...