Thursday 22 December 2022

Happy Christmas

 It is nearly the end of yet another month and, as it is only a few days until Christmas, I just want to wish everyone a very happy and blessed Christmas and I hope that 2023 brings you much joy and good health. 


I am trying to get into the habit of writing down in a notebook where I keep my gardening notes what plants are flowering in a particular month as I forget easily. 





Currently the Hollyhocks are still flowering and this year we have a few different colours but the red is really the most stunning. Behind the red plant is a purple one which has flowered for the first time this year and is quite pretty...


...but the seeds are being eaten by these pesky insects. 


The pink flowers are a tad insipid in comparison....



...although there are a few variations....



....and people going by still comment on them as they are so tall...



....this is a paler version of the red flower...



...and this one has a mauve tinge.


A friend gave me this yellow Lily and I also have a purple one...


...and for the first time I have planted Zinnias as someone brought some seeds along to the seed swap at our simple living group before we closed it down in September. They have such vibrant colours. Also the Day Lilies are flowering as well as the Dahlias and add some colour to the garden.

Well, that's it for my gardening notes. I also have veggies growing but something is eating the leaves on the bean plants so I am not happy. Sometimes I think it is just easier to buy the veggies from the farmers' market as it is all a bit of trial and error. There is no lack of fruit and vegetables in our area thankfully. 

I hope you are surrounded by friends and family this Christmas although I know that for many people it is a sad and lonely time. 











2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Chel. Your hollyhocks are amazing. Mine flowered just one year and never again. As you say, some things are trial and error. I love seeing your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Chel, so nice to be back blogging again. I love your hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...