Sunday 26 March 2017

Thoughts and prayers for those in North Queensland

I was going to do a soap post today to show you my latest experiment which actually turned out to be a bit underwhelming but I will amuse you with that next week as I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to those in the path of the approaching Cyclone Debbie.It is thought she might turn into a category 4 or above so that is one powerful cyclone.  


I have been impressed with the steps the authorities have taken with sending up 1000 or so emergency workers and huge generators to the area. People in the 'red and orange zones'  have been told to evacuate their homes as they will be in danger and evacuation centres have been set up. 

I am not sure if I have any readers from that area but I know that Jenny of Elefantz Designs in Townsville is prepared in more ways than one. It is a good reminder to everyone to always be prepared for emergencies and I read today that Patsy from A Working Pantry is holding another free Disaster Preparedness Class soon which you might like to sign up for. Numbers are limited so don't delay if you are interested. 

Also if anyone tried to register on The Homemaker's Forum and had any trouble can you get in touch  and I will let them know. I believe some readers have trouble leaving comments on my blog so could you fill out the contact form on the sidebar and I will see what I can do. Some readers are able to comment as 'anonymous' but leave their name so I know who they are as I think it has something to do with having a Blogger account but I know that some bloggers who have Blogger blogs have also had trouble. Too high tech for me to work out I think :-)

So all the best to those in the north and also further south as the rain and wind could get fairly wild there too.  Even down here we had a leaking roof from the aftermath of one of the cyclones off the North Queensland coast. Thoughts and prayers are heading your way. Stay safe!


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like cyclone Debbie is going to be one nasty storm! Hope everyone up that way stays safe, including you Nanna Chel.

    I will remember you all in my prayers.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. We will probably get a fair bit of rain but hopefully not strong winds.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Chel as I had not heard as yet. I'll keep myself updated and my thoughts are with everyone and I hope all will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. Debbie is now going to hit around midday so she is taking her time.

      Delete
  3. ...just can't remember this much bad weather happening when I was a kid. Either it was and I was not aware or things are a-changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were always storms and cyclones in Queensland Mr.HM but I can never remember heat like we experienced during summer as we live in one of the coolest areas of the state.

      Delete
  4. Will certainly pray. My entire family was saved from Cyclone Tracy, even though we were in one of the hardest hit areas and the roof to our flat, and the top floor we lived on, blew away. Miracles happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazineg, Chris and that must have been terrifying as Tracy was so destructive.

      Delete
  5. It must be horrible, just waiting, not knowing just how bad it will be! I do hope people heed the warnings and get out with plenty of time, life is too precious. Stay safe, Queenslanders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joolz I think most people are sensible but there are always the few who treat it as a bit of a joke.

      Delete
  6. The weather bureau is predicting the cyclone will bring daily rainfalls of 150 mm to 250 mm and some areas could receive a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri you will probably get more rain than we will as we are inland. Still we are expecting heavy rain towards the end of the week.

      Delete
  7. Will be thinking of you all and keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...