Monday 6 August 2018

Another decade

Dear me, I just started writing this post and somehow it has been published already. I am sure I didn't press the publish button. Oh well!




I just thought I would show you some of the beautiful flowers that friends have given me for my upcoming 70th birthday. I told everyone not to bring presents but obviously nobody listened. LOL!




There are some beautiful roses in the bouquets which eventually might appear on some of my soaps if I dry the petals later on down the track.



 So far I have had two lunches with friends and today I received more flowers and some cuttings from a friend's garden which I will plant out tomorrow.



I am not sure what this yellow flower is but it looks a bit like the cabbages that are often planted for the Carnival of Flowers. Very unusual. 




 Another friend gave me this orchid which is actually more a burgundy colour but I always have trouble with that colour when taking photos and it ends up looking like purple.




 My son asked me what I would like and I said a Tibouchina as I love the colours so he and the CEO bought this one which is called 'Jazzie'.



It doesn't grow as high as the beautiful Tibouchina trees that line some of the streets in our city and will only grow to 1 1/2 metres. 

I did have more to say but will leave that for later on after I turn 70! Ha ha. I can't get ahead of myself.  We just had some rain....for about two minutes. I am not complaining though. 

Have a great week.









12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Chel!
    Flowers are beautiful. Enjoy your special day! 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dear Chel! May your day be filled with joy and the coming year full of love, good health and many blessings!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! As we get older there, we spend more time decluttering that gifts although well meant, can be ho hum. But FLOWERS and PLANTS (and home made food) always bring a smile. Flowers remind me to live in the moment and take the time to appreciate what God has provided. I'm sure you will find a use for the rose petals. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Chel! Gorgeous, gorgeous gifts. You deserve them! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday dear Chel and congratulations. May you celebrate this wonderful milestone for a week or two or three. Wishing you good health and all the blessings for the next decade. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Chel, such a mighty milestone to reach. I think that gardeners are quite easy to buy for, don't you? Beautiful flowers.Enjoy the celebrations and good luck for the next decade:) Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. I had a lovely day and have one more celebration tomorrow and that's it for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to you nanna Chel & many happy returns of the day ! 🌹 🎂 🎁 🎉💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest of Birthdays, Nanna Chel, from San Diego :D. It's obvious you are much loved and appreciated by the beautiful flowers your friends and family have showered you with. I have never seen the one that looks like a cabbage/rose or the plant your son got you...just amazing. p.s. I used some dried rose petals my brother sent me from his roses in a batch of soap recently - can't wait to send him a bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seven decades. What an achievement! Glad you're still keeping so healthy and spritely. Must be all that good food and exercise. I tasted some of Birdsong Market Gardens fresh produce, you're always telling me about. And it was delicious! No wonder you're a regular of their's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nanna Chel.
    I hope you had a great birthday and will have many more. The flowers are fabulous too.
    -Shiralee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A happy belated birthday to you, Chel. I love the vibrant blooms of Tibouchina, a lovely gift along with all those gorgeous flowers too. Meg Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...