Wednesday 28 August 2019

A little rain and and a Blogger problem

We had a little rain overnight and I am sure nobody is complaining. We heard thunder yesterday for the first time in many months and hopefully some areas received helpful downfalls in the storms that passed through. We had mainly light rain where we live but I am not sure if it was heavier on the other side of town which is often the case. Still a little rain is better than no rain as it is extremely dry in many parts of Queensland and some towns are almost out of water.








I seem to be having a problem with Blogger at the moment as when I upload photos and click on 'Add Selected' Blogger tells me the image can't be found and it looks like a 'broken image' on my PC but the photo shows up when I view my blog on my iPad. Has anyone else had the same problem? The last time I did a blog post I had no problem at all. When I look at my blog homepage now all the photos have been replaced with the same thing including those on other blogs I follow. I wonder if something has changed when I have done updates on this computer. Sigh! I really hate having to sort out technology issues. 



We have the tradies back once again as the indoor walls need to be painted after many, many years of 'I will get around to it one day' and once they are done in each room the floor coverings have to be put down before all the 'stuff' is moved back. My my, what a big job it is packing everything up to move it into another room so that work can be done. The painters were supposed to come back yesterday but I ran out of steam and didn't get the room finished in time so now I have another week to find some energy to get it done so they can start work.  It is a slow process as we have lived here for over forty years and in recent years one of the occupants (not mentioning any names) has become a hoarder. However, I hope it is all finished by Christmas and that will be the last time it will be done while I am still living here.


I can well and truly understand why couples downsize when they get older but it makes it difficult if one wants to do that and one doesn't. Even though we only have 1/2 acre it is a lot of work to keep everything under control if you don't use sprays like Roundup to kill the weeds and we don't use it. However I saw on Better Homes and Gardens that there is a spray called Slasher Organic Weedkiller so we bought some to try and it works well. I must say though that even the weeds haven't been looking too happy during this dry spell :-)



Anyway, I will leave it at that until I sort out this issue with the photos. I hope some of my readers who are really needing rain are getting some although it seems to be just in SE Queensland at the moment. Enjoy it while it lasts!

...oOo...







10 comments:

  1. No rain, just bright blue skies without a hint of cloud. Thank goodness for the bore as it is the only thing stopping our patch from going brown and crunchy. Having your home finished and fresh will be such a blessing. It is the getting there that is the difficult part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, no rain here today so perhaps it is all finished for us. Yes, having the painting and floor coverings finished will be just wonderful. I am too old to have to cope with the disruption as I am set in my ways. LOL!

      Delete
  2. A nice amount of rain here too Chel, and a little more on the way today....I had just planted some bean and kale seeds so was happy they had a good soaking. It's hard keeping up with the work on a big-ish property, isn't it? I have a man come in to mow, but keeping weeds in check and everything tidy is a full time job. Downsizing is definitely an attractive option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you got some rain, Nanette. I feel so very sorry for our poor farmers as it is bone dry out of town.

      Delete
  3. Chel, if you see the same broken images on other blogs, it could be your computer that has the problem.
    I hope you will be able to sort it out.

    I wish I could send some rain your way. We have too much.
    We are expecting a category 3 hurricane this weekend. (Of course I wouldn’t send you hurricanes! 😁)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nil, I think it was something to do with the VPN. I turned it off for a minute and all was well. I really hate technology. Stay safe with the hurricane coming soon. We have all that ahead of us once summer starts I dare say although we only get the aftermath here in the south of the state.

      Delete
  4. Love your photos Chel and a big thank you for writing about the organic weed killer. I can see it being very useful in our garden after I read up on it. Glad you got some rain...despite forecasts to the contrary, my part of Brisbane hadn’t had rain yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, we had none today so I think the storms that were predicted didn't eventuate. The spring outlook isn't too wonderful either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had quite good rain in the mountains but it was only a sprinkle by the time it reached Kandos (not even enough to register in my rain gauge ... but I am not complaining any rain is good.

    Having worked with computers for over 40 years I have to admit they can be very frustrating at times. Sorry I can't help you with your problem.

    Tell me about the moving thing! We are trying to downsize from our mountains home. My husband gave us 5 years (and we have already used up half of it). I am getting very frustrated because everything is precious to hubby. I have systematically reduced household stuff by disposing of a little each year then it doesn't feel so bad. But I can't do that with his things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes any rain is good as you say. I think I have worked out the computer issue as it seemed to have something to do with the VPN my son put on the PC. All is working okay at the moment thankfully. I don't know how to get the menfolk to get rid of their stuff 'that might come in handy one day'. I am trying to donate as much as I can to the Op Shops as we really don't need much now that there are just the two of us. It is very frustrating as you say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...