Sunday 20 October 2019

A couple of reminders


I am sure most Aussies would know about the Aussie Backyard Bird Count 2019 which starts tomorrow but, if you don't and would like to join in, I am sure you can still sign up. It is a lot of fun and I find it really interesting seeing what birds visit our backyard especially at this time of the year when the noisy Stormbird arrives and the neighbour's Parrot Tree is the party venue for hundreds of parrots and don't they make a racket from dawn to dusk!



A few weeks ago the CEO came across a pop-up plant sale outside a shopping centre and saw some gerberas which he snapped up quickly as I imagine they would be quite popular.





This one is so unusual...




...and I don't know what you call a gerbera like this....



...maybe a Siamese twin gerbera????

I still haven't been able to set up this PC as the CEO is going to pick up a computer desk from Vinnies tomorrow as I found just the right one on Friday and it was too wet yesterday to pick it up. By the way, we had 4mm of rain but a friend in Oakey got an inch which was just wonderful for that area. I don't know what it is with Windows 10 but if the computer goes to sleep and I wake it up the screen changes and I can't see a lot of it so have had to put the taskbar at the side so that I can at least turn the computer off as I can't see the taskbar when it is at the bottom due to the changes. I am sure I could find a solution if I took the time to ask Mr.Google or Mr.Microsoft but just getting around to it is the issue. Of course I never procrastinate ;-) It is just easier to restart and solve the problem.



Another reminder is about the mug-rug giveaway which my friend Judy made for my blog readers. If you would like to win one of these then just leave a comment below or you could leave one on my Instagram account if you would prefer and just say you would like to be in the draw. The giveaway closes at the end of the month. Sorry but it is only open for Aussie readers due to the postage costs here in Australia. 

I have been meaning to tell you all to check out a fantastic blog by Pauline who is a blogger friend of mine. If you are wanting some really good recipes then check out her Happy Retiree's Kitchen as it is full of great ideas. She puts a lot of time and effort into her blog posts so it would be just wonderful if you had time to leave a comment and give her some feedback. 

Now it is time to rest up ahead of a busy week clearing out the lounge room. I have just been to the library so have a couple of books that are just calling out my name.  Anyway, I would rather read a book than clean out a room. LOL!

Have a wonderful week everyone. 




6 comments:

  1. Chel, I would rather read a book than clean as well. However if visitors are coming I get a move on. I have registered for the Aussie backyard bird count so hoping they all come to visit. Thanks so very much for the lovely words you have put up about my blog. That makes it all worth while. Seriously though, be very careful with clearing out your lounge room, it is so easy to overdo it. Cheers, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing a blog takes time and effort as you well know, Pauline. It is nice to see some readers comment especially when the stats show that there are lots of people reading the blog. Your recipes are fantastic and too good not to share.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Chel. It is really nice to know that others enjoy my recipes. I try to keep them real.

      Delete
  2. I'm a follower of Pauline's blog and have tried several recipes. You are right, Chel, her recipes are excellent.

    Hehee I can understand the desire to read. I frequently ignore house chores and read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nil, I did procrastinate too much yesterday so today, after I teach English to a Yazidi refugee, I will get stuck into thr next lot of sorting out to get ready for the painters next week.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...