Friday 1 November 2019

The mug-rug winners are...

The winners of the mug-rugs were drawn this morning and the winners are Meg from A Hopeful Nature and Pauline from Happy Retiree's Kitchen.


Congratulations to both ladies and I am sure you will love your mug-rug as my friend Judy, who made them, is very talented as I have said before. I have emailed both winners and once I hear back from them with their addresses I will let Judy know and she will post them off so many thanks to Judy for being extremely generous and offering to do a giveaway for my readers. 




Life is a little overwhelming at the moment with health issues in the family so it brightens my day when I walk around  the garden (what is left of it) early in the morning as the cactus orchids are still flowering. 



These are the latest ones to open up ....



...and this yellow one is always stunning but I can see a red one which should open up in a couple of days and, from memory, it is the most beautiful of them all. Hmmm, that sounds like a movie :-)

Thanks to everyone who entered into the draw for the giveaway and I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. 



15 comments:

  1. congratulations to the winners
    a lovely gift
    gorgeous flowers there too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selina, I love the cactus orchids as they require no TLC and still bloom beautifully.

      Delete
  2. Thank you ever so much, Chel and Judy! What a lovely surprise ... I feel very lucky indeed. I love the message on the mug rugs; it's one that I remind myself of often when I'm "having a word" with the soil at our place which can frustrate me at times with its lack of depth, shale and clay. That saying reminds me to work with what we have here and to feed that soil to keep on improving it.

    The flowers are beautiful, Chel. I don't have any cactus orchids but my Mum does in her garden up north. I wonder if hers are in bloom too? MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I did email you asking for your address but not sure if you got it. Could you email me at nannachel@gmail.com. Thanks heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chel, Thank you so much to you and Judy, I don't have a mug rug and I love the words on it, and I can't remember the last time I actually won something. This has made my night. Your cactus flowers are just beautiful and so striking. I don't have any like that. I didn't receive your email either Chel, so I will send you one with my address. Best wishes, Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love your mug-rug, Pauline. Congratulations!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to Meg and Pauline, what a great gift to win for yourself or for someone. Flowers are gorgeous Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cactus orchids are quite stunning, Brigid. Thankfully they don't need any TLC.

      Delete
  6. I couldn't think of better winners, for Judy's handiwork. I can see both of those lovely ladies, using them. :)

    I hope the health issues, get sorted soon. The garden is always a great place to retreat, for a boost. And such lovely cactus flowers you have too. What the plant lacks in colourful foliage, the flowers certainly make up for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, the cactus orchids certainly don't have impressive foliage. In fact they look half dead but still produce such stunning flowers. I spied a bright orange one this morning that I forgot we had and I am sure there is a deep purple one too....somewhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just beautiful and congratulations ladies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...