Wednesday 26 January 2022

Looking ahead

 Recently I have seen some advertisements for items that I have felt would be of great benefit down the track as I edge further into my seventies. I don't like buying too much online but I did succumb to the temptation in the end. 


Firstly though, let me show you how pretty the Amaryllis Belladonna looks against the backdrop of the pesky Purple Heart which I tried to eradicate a few months ago in vain ...as is obvious. 






Recently I have been having trouble walking due to hip problems possibly from a fall last October so when I saw an advertisement for the Multi-functional Kneeler and Seat from Riverview Homeware I ordered it and, although I haven't used it as yet, it looks as if it will be really useful in the house as well as in the garden. 




It has a kneeler for when you need to do weeding etc. and there are supports to help with getting back on your feet again. Then you tip it up and it becomes a seat which is also very handy. 




It comes with two pouches with smallish garden tools and they are identical so I guess one is a spare. It has been a bit too damp to use it outside at this stage but, once my hip problem has been sorted, it will get a lot of use I am sure. 




Sometimes I pick up a few items when I am at the supermarket and very often one of those items is a heavy 3litre bottle of milk which I find hard to carry. So when I saw this bag advertised I thought that would be just the thing to lessen the load to the parking lot. It starts out as a normal looking bag....




Then you undo the zip to increase the size of the bag....




....then pull down the wheels and the 'stand'...





...and you have a shopping trolley to carry the heavy stuff out to the car. This is very lightweight so wouldn't be suitable for using at an outdoor market etc. At least not like our outdoor farmers' market where there isn't much grass. These are available on eBay and are called Foldable Shopping Bag on Wheels if you are interesting in buying one. 





I had been told by friends that there has been a rush on toilet paper again which I hadn't noticed so I  checked out the toilet roll aisle when in the supermarket the other day and sure enough, the foolishness has started again. I really can't understand why people do this. LOL! 




I have added two more loom knitted beanies to my stash for the homeless this coming winter. I hope to make at least a couple a month.




I hope all Aussies enjoyed Australia Day today. We never go to any celebrations and leave that to young families. It was a dismal day with lots of drizzle here in our neck of the woods so it would have been unpleasant to be outdoors anyway. However, I did think about how I appreciated living in Australia and when I travelled overseas a couple of times when I was young, I just loved seeing the Australian shoreline coming into view from the plane window.

Have a great week everyone! 













4 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your post Chel. So sorry to hear about your fall, falls are becoming such a concern for our generation. However I am quite taken with your shopping trolley and the gardening stool.Also did you know the bees, native and Italian love the Purple heart or Wandering Dew, the name I grew up with.Once you grow it, it's very hard to get rid of so thinking of the bees I am still working on planting it where it can take over. Happy Australia Day to you too, we really are so fortunate to be living here. Take care, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, the plant is spreading too much with all the rain we have had. It once lived in a pot believe it or not 😏

      Delete
  2. Its a funny thing this getting older racket. Recently my knees are starting to play up and lots of other aches and pains. I think of my parents/grand parents at my age and raise my eyebrows in wonder.
    I've eyed off one of those contraptions especially for gardening - keep us posted if it is any good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, aches and pains at your age? You are so young! 🤣😅😂The gardening kneeler/seat is great. Well worth the money.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...