Sunday 2 April 2023

At last Autumn has arrived

 We have had such strange weather lately. A couple of weeks ago it was quite hot but now there has been a cool change and it seems that at long last we are heading into Autumn. I am sure the plants in the garden are quite confused.



Still, some of them are still looking fantastic such as the flowering bromeliad above....



...as well as this cactus that I used to know the name of. 





My hubby has been successful at growing Amaryllis  from seed so they are quite plentiful in our front garden and put on a nice show. He is concentrating on growing the ones with the darker pink flower. He likes experimenting. 



He raided his sister's garden during a recent visit and I just love the pink leaves. You can never have too many broms. 




Chris from Gully Grove has written up a post about the dishcloths she has made recently and has included the pattern if you would like to check it out.  If you make your own dishcloths I imagine you have your own favourite pattern. Mine uses the Iris Stitch which is quite easy once you get past the first row which I always find fiddly seeing as I am not terribly proficient where crochet is concerned. 

I do hope you are keeping well and happy and are enjoying life wherever you live. We have had some beautiful days recently which have been very pleasant. Have a wonderful week!



5 comments:

  1. The dishcloth looks great. Have a great Easter. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you and your family, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. We have a big clump of Amaryllis at the front gate. I think of them as the trumpets announcing autumn. But this year they flowered and summer continued until last week. We currently have yellow autumn crocus in abundance in our garden. I have never grown bromeliads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, summer just went on and on this year here too. Finally the cool change has arrived. Chel

      Delete
  3. Exquisite blooms and thanks for the cloth pattern.
    Mary in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...