Tuesday 11 March 2014

Would you like to learn a new skill?


On the Down to Earth Simple Living Forums we have a number of swaps each year. Currently our Repurposing swap is in full swing and participating members are being pleasantly surprised when they receive their swap item in the mail. The ideas some creative people come up with are just so inspiring. Our next swap which is coming up in May is a Learn a New Skill swap.


The swap is not only about learning a new skill but also about improving our current skills if there is something we have a basic knowledge of such as my metal stamping skills. 



This was my first attempt at metal stamping and I would like to try....


....metal stamped jewellery. I also do basic crochet but would like to try....


....making a crochet heart garland.

Is there any skill you would like to learn but just need some motivation to get started? Perhaps you are like me and have some basic skills you would like to improve on. You might like to learn how to sew, crochet, metal stamp, do papercraft, etc. The list is endless. 

So if you would like to join with like-minded people and get a big dose of motivation, then come over to the Down to Earth forums and let us know what skill you would like to learn or improve. As well as learning something new you will meet new friends and there is sure to be someone there who can help you in whatever craft you choose. 

Don't be shy!:-)





3 comments:

  1. Metal stamping wow this is something I've always wanted to try.....looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I bought my metal stamps at Bunnings. They had to do a bit of a search for them as a lot of staff hadn't heard about them. I got the last set but that was a few weeks ago so they probably have more in by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try and resurrect by paper tolle skills

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...