Saturday 12 October 2019

Back to the old laptop

The painters left on Wednesday after working on the dining room and now we have to wait till Monday for the carpet to be laid before I can move the furniture plus the PC back so I am back on my son's old laptop once again as I can't write a blog post on my iPad since the Blogger App was closed down or whatever you say about an App that is no longer available.




We had light rain during the night and some heavier showers this morning which finished just in time for our Simple Living Toowoomba Backyard Chooks workshop which was very interesting. It was presented by Debbie Brassingthwaite from Optimise Learning and, if you click on the link, you will see that Debbie has some very interesting workshops at her place and elsewhere. If you are a local and a keen gardener, you might be interested in  Permaculture Toowoomba Inc which Debbie told us about today.


The cactus orchids are beginning to flower
 
Our next workshop in November will the last of the year and our co-ordinator Margy, always has some great ideas to finish off the year so if you have been to one of our workshops before or would like to see what they are like then do come along and we would love to get to know you.


Free gerberas from the Council

Well, I had better start going through all the 'stuff' in the lounge room and hallway which are next to be painted and then there will only be our bedroom to be done and that will be it as we are a bit over the whole renovations/painting thing with tradies coming in and out the house all day not to mention the fact that most of them like having the radio on all day. The most noise I have here is listening to Sandi Patti or her daughter on Spotify and YouTube and that is not the kind of music the tradies listen to I can tell you :-) I am not complaining about the renos though though as a lot of families lost their homes in the recent bushfires which was an absolute tragedy. One of the bushfires was in our local region so none of us can say that it can't happen in our area. It has been so dry that there is a lot of fuel around which make for a dangerous situation when the winds pick up and just a spark sets off a fire. Hopefully the rain over the weekend has put out some of the fires if not all. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and do stay safe wherever you are. I will be back next week and my lovely friend, Judy, has made something very pretty for a giveaway. She is very crafty as well as generous. So if you would like to be in the draw then come back next week.



10 comments:

  1. I wonder why Blogger doesn’t fix the issue with iPads.

    Chel, you will be starting 2020 in a new renovated home! That’s so exciting! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nil, I don't know why Blogger doesn't put out another App as a lot of people travel and take iPads with them and have trouble blogging if they have a Blogger blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having the rain recently, certainly dialled the threat back a bit. It would be great to have a normal rainy season, this year. I'm looking forward to our gully being able to flood again (in a good way). But even having the temps drop again, has been helpful too.

    I love your colourful flower pics. The orange on that cactus flower is divine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drop in temperature has been lovely, Chris. Those 35C windy days aren't nice at all. The cactus orchids really come into their own at this time of the year.

      Delete
  4. Pleased to hear you had some rain Chel and I hope there's more on the way for you. I feel for you having tradies in your home with their radio. Oh I just could not tolerate it, being a person who is very sound sensitive as I am. Our home needs painting again (12 years since we renovated) and I do so dread taking everything out of the rooms, especially the kitchen, but we will do it ourselves so no tradies! ;-) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No renos have been done here, Sally. Just what my hubby and his father or mates did when he bought the house. So the work has been way overdue.

      Delete
  5. How horrible is the disruption from renovations ... and those radios. I don't listen to the radio either. I love your flowers and glad you have received some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the rain was lovely but has well and truly gone now and the days will warm up again this week. I must go outside and see if we have any new cactus orchids which have opened as we have an absolutely beautiful purple one somewhere.

      Delete
  6. Sorry the tradies are polluting your space.😁 I will be back this afternoon so come and take refuge on the deck anytime , tea, coffee and snacks provided.😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust you to miss the heatwave again. LOL! I was thinking you would be back soon. Will catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...