Tuesday 28 April 2020

Finding my blogging mojo


I am not sure where it went but my blogging mojo must have gone out for a walk around the block for daily exercise and left me behind :-) Since the self isolation restrictions have been put in place so many bloggers seem to be blogging once again after long breaks in some cases and they usually have such interesting things to post. I am not being really creative at present and just potter around in the garden and try to grow a few veggies that survive the local pests so am not terribly inspiring if anyone is looking here for inspiration. 


I did decide not to hang the bunting I showed you in a recent post as the window it was up against was too wide so instead I moved the strips over from the rope onto the curtain rod from which I used to have a very short sheer curtain hanging and it looked much better than draped across the window.




Down the track if I decide I don't like the effect I can just slide the strips back onto the rope and hang it in another room against the wall. Perhaps I can have a craft space in my son's old bedroom if I ever get rid of his 'stuff' and the CEO's 'stuff' that was put in there when the painting was done. I wouldn't know myself if I had a craft room. 



I have some strips left over so might make another mini version of a Toothbrush Rag Rug which I made after one of our Simple Living Toowoomba workshops. You can find the instructions if you click on this link if you are interested. I still need to practise the finishing off part so that it doesn't look a bit lopsided like the one in the photo.




Life goes on despite the current Coronavirus crisis around the world. Australia seems to be doing really well so far. Although 88 families are now grieving the loss of their loved ones that number is far less than in other parts of the world. That is not to say that things couldn't become much worse here if people weren't careful but I think that in the main Aussies are abiding by the guidelines.


A vase of chrysanthemums growing at the moment

Here in our state of Queensland some restrictions are being eased at midnight on Friday this week and then we will be able to go for a drive but only up to 50km from our home and can shop for clothes and shoes which I didn't realise we weren't allowed to do anyway otherwise why have some clothes stores and others like Big W, Target and KMart been allowed to stay open? It does get confusing sometimes. Also I believe we can also go on a picnic. We never go on one anyway these days so nothing will change where that is concerned but if our grandchildren lived nearby I am sure that easing of the restriction would be much appreciated.


I will be pleased when we can catch up with friends once again and I can start teaching my Yazidi student and just hope she hasn't forgotten all the English I have taught her. As I teach as a volunteer through a TAFE program, last week I had to learn how to use Zoom to meet up with our co-ordinator which was a bit of a learning curve but I was pleased to know I wasn't alone in learning how to use it as most of the volunteers seem to be retirees.  It's hard to remember that one is on camera for an hour or so. That's a long time for an old chick to sit in the one spot and appear lucid. LOL!

I hope that everyone is keeping well and I look forward to catching up with some of you in person down the track.





10 comments:

  1. I miss the blogging days....where I used to get up make a coffee, read through the blogs for the day and that was it for my social media as I wasn't on facebook or IG and I don't even know when they became available. I only got on FB about 3 years ago so I could sell stuff on the local buy & sell which was booming and these days it seems harder to sell anything on the same page. This week it does seem a lot calmer in terms of Coronavirus and I feel we are in a good position in Qld and Australia. It will be interesting to see what happens this weekends with nature trails open etc I am leaving those for a while because every man and his dog will be out this weekend and I think it will be busy. This is week 2 of the kids at school online at home and to be honest the two weeks of school holidays we had with the kids [16 and 14] at home 24/7 I really enjoyed it. If it was normal I would be driving the 16 year old to and from work at dinner time and the 14 year old off to friends so I don't get to spend much of the holidays with them these days [it feels like that compared to a couple of years ago anyway] however it was so nice spending so much time with them. Kathy, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am sure it will be busy around the place this weekend. Time will tell if restrictions are being lifted too soon. I think my daughter is finding it a bit tiring teaching three children at home even though the Ed Dept says that parents aren't to be teachers. Racing around after a two year old at the same time is a tad exhausting so I think she is hoping school goes back sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can get a craft room! I love mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in a two bedroom house it is a bit of a dream. LOL!

      Delete
  4. A whole craft room...I'd love that! I hope you get to move your sewing machine in soon:) I have been blogging but not as much as I thought I would. To be honest, it's quite busy with us working from home and our son doing high school at home. The days seem to be going quickly. I think we'll just pack a picnic and walk up to a little local park on the weekend because, like Kathy, I think there'll be lots of other people out and about at the more popular places. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I won't be venturing out to any large parks apart from across the road from our farmers market on Saturday. It will be nice to be able to sit there and have a coffee and perhaps meet up with a friend which I think is now allowed.

      Delete
  5. Hello Nanna Chel,

    Sometimes it is hard to keep ones mojo for blogging. I am finding mine starting to lessen. I think I may have been running on adrenaline with all my posts, as a way to deal with my anxiety in these times and the need to record what was going on. Now that things don't feel quite so bad my blogging doesn't feel so urgent. Over time I will probably ease back into my sporadic way of blogging haha!

    Do it! Every gal needs a creative space and a craft room! You will wonder why you never took the step earlier. That reminds me, I need to get to and tidy mine up, its a real mess at the moment because I have been busy doing other things.

    Our restrictions are lifting because we have had no positive cases in eight days. We will be able to travel within in our state soon. Can you imagine all the cars on the road looking for a change of scenery haha! Another reason to stay safe at home!

    Take care and clean out that spare room.
    xTania





    ReplyDelete
  6. Tania, I think it is a good idea to document what is happening during the crisis as it will be interesting to look back and remind ourselves. As I normally use my iPad each day but can't blog on there as there is no Blogger App it takes time to go on the PC and upload photos, resize them and then try and write a sensible post so much of the time I can't be bothered. Instagram is so quick and easy in comparison I must say but I often forget about it. It will be interesting to see what happens after the guidelines are eased tomorrow. Thankfully it has turned cold so people won't be flocking to the Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand about losing the desire to blog. My blog is quite sporadic. I noticed a change when we moved to the country. In town I had a study. Here I have a corner of the lounge room for activities like blogging. When my husband is not busy with some activity he likes to have the radio or tv going so it makes it a bit hard to write. Also I always seem to be occupied with something. So while I do 'write' a lot of blog posts in my head while I am working around the home and garden they do not often make it onto the blog. Unless of course like this morning when I knew by 3am that I was definitely not going back to sleep so I did manage to write something. Although thinking back on it now the post probably has that 'written at 3am' quality about it ;-)

    And while I do miss having a study I gained a garden shed of my own which gives me an large amount of satisfaction.

    We are having a lovely mild day here near the coast. Still t-shirt and shorts weather. No doubt it is really cold up there in the ranges. Stay snug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, it is very cold up here but if you can get out of the wind the sun is warm. It was 28C just the other day so it is a bit of a shock. How nice to have your own garden shed. That would be as good as having a craft room.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...