Friday 2 July 2021

A trifle distracted

 As I mentioned in my last post my hubby had open heart surgery three weeks ago. I had to ring the Ambulance for him this week as he had had trouble breathing since being sent home from the hospital in Brisbane and I wasn't able to get him in to see any doctors as they were busy and I just wanted someone to listen to his chest and make sure he didn't have an infection. As it turned out it was just as well I did call for them as the Paramedics said his pulse was 150!!! 



Somehow they got a stretcher through our gate and up the overgrown pathway to the front door and carried him off to the ICU ward. I knew I should have pulled out all those succulents near the pathway a few weeks ago. Oops! Anyway the stretcher did part of the job for me. LOL!

Just as well he went to hospital as he became very unwell overnight and when I visited he had all kinds of tubes in but thankfully was breathing well afterwards and having available oxygen helped as well. 


Caloundra


So hopefully he will recover quickly from the surgery now and I will know in future just to ring the Paramedics if I am worried as they have all the equipment needed to monitor the heart. 


As a result of all the drama I haven't been able to keep up with everyone's blog posts so I am sorry that I haven't been commenting on them. I will catch up eventually but my sister rang this morning and it looks like she has to have a procedure soon which will require me taking her to hospital and staying overnight etc. so the longer that is put off the better as far as I am concerned. 

I am thinking that a trip to Caloundra would be nice down the track. Sigh!










11 comments:

  1. Many hugs to you and yours! It is such a worry! My own husband has been unwell too, it takes a lot of adjustment. Thinking of you and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does take some getting used to especially when he is usually full of energy much of the time.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear he is doing better, after all you have been through I think time at Caloundra is a good idea....
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, congrats on your new grandchild. These days I just seem to skim blog posts while waiting at the doctors or the hospital and have no time to comment.

      Delete
  3. Chel, so sorry to hear about your hubby, heart surgery seems to be a long recovery from what I have seen. Great though that your posts show glimpses of your sense of humour, good on you. Take care, and I hope I continue to receive your posts after all the hullabaloo with Google and the email lists being unsupported.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, thanks. I haven't really thought much about the Google issue. I will see what happens in the next few months.

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness, glad you called the ambulance and went to hospital where he is in good hands. My Mum's heart rate gets out of whack and her resting heart rate instead of being 60-70 is 115-144. Two years ago she had a small procedure to reset it so they shock it back into rhythm. Then a few weeks ago her apple watch alerted her and kept telling her the heart rate was too high so booked into see the heart surgeon and he said, yes your apple watch is correct so she went in to have the procedure again. It's just day surgery. So her heart rate was working twice as hard doing nothing so her body was exhausted and just sleeping every day. Mum was so impressed with the apple watch alerting her [and thankfully so were we]. She feels much better now which is great. Hopefully your husband will feel better as the days and weeks go by. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that info about your mum, Kathy. My hubby has had another visit to hospital this week and his blood thinners have been changed. I don't think I will put his hospital bag away for a while... just in case.😳

      Delete
  5. It is scary having a problem post cardiac surgery as it is a big operation. Hopefully this is only a hiccup and your husband enjoys better health as he recovers and his bag can be put away.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bernie, he feels much better now so is on the mend. It is 5 weeks since surgery so I would hope so.

      Delete
  6. Oh Chel, Im just catching up on your news, how scary! I hope he is home now and on the mend. Thinking of you both and holding you in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...