Here we are halfway through August which means that Spring is just around the corner. The freesias and sweet peas are starting to make an appearance and the pink poppies are about to flower.
...and also painted this hilarious canvas for me a few years ago.
Earlier in the year we had our first catchup of our old simple living group at Margy's place and she showed us her version of the Skye Wrap which I think she made from items picked up at an Op Shop...
...apparently the wraps are very easy to make and I imagine you have already heard of them or seen them online.
Here is a closeup of one of the flowers.
The snowdrops have looked very pretty in the last few weeks but are on their last legs now as Spring approaches. In the last few years Spring has brought with it a heatwave or two and then it has cooled down in summer for some reason. I am sure we all hope that the temperatures won't be as hot as what has been experienced overseas which is easy to say when in the middle of a cold spell which has hit our southern states and moved up to our part of Queensland. I would hate to be homeless in this weather.
Have a great week everyone and stay warm or cool depending on which Hemisphere you live in.








Beautiful photos. ❤️ Lovely cardigan.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda. Chel
DeleteLove the snowdrops in the watermelon green tin, Chel. So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt's been hot here this weekend; like Summer! It's dry too! I hope we'll have some milder weather and some rain before the Summer heat settles in.
Meg
Hi Meg. Good to hear from you. This weekend has been hot but it should cool down soon. We seem to start off Spring with hot weather these days. Chel
DeleteSounds lovely to catch up with the ladies gain at your simple living group. The crochet is lovely. I'm sure you are looking forward to the Toowoomba Flowers, not sure if we will be going this year.
ReplyDeleteHi Chel, So nice to see you are still blogging. I was looking at on old post of mine on which your commented and thought I should check to see if you are till blogging. I don't receive any notifications of your new posts, so I will have to find a way to remind myself to check your posts. So many nice things on your blog, and I love seeing the Toowoomba flowers. I'll try to keep in touch.
ReplyDeletePauline, I blog infrequently although I did happen to make soap recently so mean to type up a new blog post. I can only post on the PC which I rarely use as I normally use an iPad for everything else. The truth is I am just lazy. LOL! I do read your blog posts but I can't seem to comment on blogs when using my iPad as I don't think Apple and Microsoft get along too well.
ReplyDelete