Sunday 18 August 2024

A new craft

 I mentioned previously that Neralie, who used to teach at our Simple Living Toowoomba group before it was disbanded, had offered interested ladies a tutorial on how to sew a Kawandi project. So a few of us turned up at her lovely home to learn the craft. I was just watching as I was intrigued. 


Neralie had everything ready for us.....



 ...and has so many different remnant fabrics to choose from it would make a sewing enthusiast's mouth water. She is an extremely competent sewing teacher. 





Well, the ladies started their projects.....




...in between us all chatting...




...and eventually they hope to have finished a nice piece of work like Neralie's in the above photo. 




In the garden the pink poppies are flowering as are the red Flander's poppies but, as usual, the westerly winds arrived as it is Ekka time in August and most of the poppies were knocked down. I will save the seeds down the track when they have dried out. 




I bought this daisy last year and it was yellow and purple but this year it has reverted to plain old purple once again. I am not sure what nurseries do to change the colour of plants but this has happened before. 




Regardless, yesterday I bought a yellow daisy with a Bunnings gift card I had received for my recent birthday so hopefully it will be the same colour next year.




A friend of mine who makes the most beautiful handcrafted cards sent me this recently and I was so surprised when it arrived.  She does such a lovely job so I added it to my display of cards she has sent me in the past as they are all exquisite. 



Another friend who I hadn't seen for a while but who wanted to catch up gave me these beautiful yellow roses a couple of weeks ago and they are just started to wilt so I might try to dry them to decorate gifts not that I give many gifts as most people my age are getting rid of stuff not adding to it. The seasons of life eh?


Have a wonderful weekend and hug your loved ones. You never know when you won't be able to anymore. 




3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun craft. The poppy is magnificent. My sister in law does beautiful cards, I don't have the skill for such detailed work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now let’s see if I can comment on my own blog 🤔 Goodness me, hasn’t Blogger change over the years. It is more complicated to use these days. I am not into making cards either but I must admit some of them are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sewing project looks really lovely and an interesting effect. It would be nice doing some hand sewing which is relaxing. I haven't done any crafts in a long while. I did sew a couple of quilt tops and I did make a quilt but I haven't put any binding on it so perhaps I can put that on my to do list. Have a great week I'm sure all the September flowers are out looking beautiful. Not sure if we will be coming to Toowoomba this year. My sister is arriving from Perth this week so can't wait to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...