Tuesday 10 September 2024

Spring has sprung

Well, Spring brought with it a heatwave of sorts this year. We went from having cold weather to 30C or so which was a bit of a shock to be honest. The plants are all confused I am sure and I imagine the gardeners in the parks and gardens in town are doing their best to stop all the plants from flowering too early for the Carnival of Flowers which is on from the 13th September to the 7th October. 


Our cliveas are flowering .....


...and looking lovely as usual. 

I grew sweet peas for the first time and, so far, not many have flowered so I am not sure if I should be adding something to the soil to produce more flowers. Any clues? Next year I will buy some different coloured sweet peas as all mine are the same colour. 



A friend gave me some seeds for my recent birthday including these banana passionfruit seeds which I planted before reading the instructions which said to soak them in warm water for 24 to 48 hours so I doubt they will do well. Oops!

I saw this hydrangea at Bunnings the other day which looked interesting and I twisted my hubby's arm to buy it (he really doesn't like hydrangeas). I can't wait to see it flower. 



 I have hundreds of hollyhock seeds which makes me wonder why I bought a punnet of Summer Carnival hollyhocks at a nursery earlier in the year. I was keen to see what the colours would be and this dark pink one is now starting to flower and I hope there will be a variety of colours as time goes on. Hollyhocks are such stunning flowers. 


I had better publish this while on the PC or it will never get done. I hope everyone is enjoying peaceful weather as it has been a mixed bag here in Australia with storms and wind in the south and heatwave conditions in the north. Some rain (in moderation) would be nice at the moment. 

Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful flowers! It's about to be fall here in the US and I am looking forward to that but not the winter that is coming. Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, you get much harsher winters than we do I must say. I hope the coming one is mild this time. Chel

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving your comments as I love to hear from my readers. As soon as I check them they will be published. If for some reason you have trouble leaving a comment feel free to email me directly by filling out the 'Contact Me' form on the sidebar at the right.

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...